History and inspirational quotes for 23rd March

Today{23rd March} is Passenger Elevator Day. In 1857, Elisha Otis installed the first passenger elevator in the five-story E.V. Haughwout Building in New York City. While elevators had been used prior to this
time, they weren't used for passengers until Otis invented a device to prevent the elevator from falling if the cable broke. The original elevator is still in place and is in working condition. Now that's quality work!

Today's Inspirational Quote:
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need."
By Tao Te Ching



No comments :

Post a Comment

Translate this page

English French German Spanish Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Powered by Tutors Villa